2021年5月8日 星期六

#4 My thought on the talk: Inside the mind of a master procrastinator

Inside the mind of a master procrastinator

( Tim Urban, TED 2016)


TED Talk link:

 https://www.ted.com/talks/tim_urban_inside_the_mind_of_a_master_procrastinator#t-1925


1. Do you procrastinate sometimes?

2. What are some of the things you procrastinate on?

3. What are strategies you can use to combat procrastination.

    I sometimes procrastinate. In my mind,  procrastination is the bad thing that we can't do. When teachers or classmates talk me to do homework or reports, I'll arrange what I need to do first. Everything looks great, but when I go back home, I am lazy. If the homework is easy, I will do it quickly. But if it's difficult, I will procrastinate.

  I think everyone who will procrastinate,  has different degree. My procrastination is not serious. First, I will write down my schedule. I love to watch Youtubers who design the bullet journal. Because of that, I buy some sticky note of To Do List. Then, I write down everything I need to do. When I finish with the things, I can tick the checkbox. In the future, I'll see how many things I have done. This makes me have a sense of achievement. 

   Second, I will set the reward. For example, when I finished with an assignment, I can watch a video as a reward. Because of that, I'll do the assignment very quickly.

沒有留言:

張貼留言

# 5 What makes a good life

What makes a good life? Lessons from the longest study on happiness ( Robert Waldinger,   TED 2015 ) TED Talk link: https://www.ted.com/talk...